I am a Manaiakalani School Facilitator based in the Far North. As an outreach facilitator I work in professional learning and development (PLD) to support teachers and leaders to become highly effective teachers through learning, creating, and sharing of students work. Through the promotion of a digital learning environment , digital fluency, and literacy. A key focus is to accelerate learning living local and learning global.
Monday, 25 November 2019
Cultural Competencies
This is a great example of what we should be seeing, feeling and hearing in our facilitation. Areas I feel I need to work on are greater Whanau connections, and training so they understand the Learn, Create, Share pedagogy and can comment on their own children's work regularly.
I also need to connect more cyber smart areas in the local curriculum and local Tikanga appropriate to that of the local iwi and hapu. Also introducing more Maori te Reo into the school sites, planning, and learning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mangonui School Tuatara Talks Podcast.
I was very privileged and humbled to be invited to the Mangonui school tuatara talks podcast. The students invited me along to be intervie...
No comments:
Post a Comment